London is a metropolis, with lots of culture and social options vying for your spare time. I also think it’s great that there is a fair sized community here, with classes, teachers, milongas and festivals.
So I want to ask at the beginning of this year, is there room for improvement? What can we do to make it better, to grow, to attract more people? Not as someone who teaches and works with Tango, but as someone who loves Tango. You can make the all or some of following choices, why not try for a month and see?
- Use the following codes in the milonga.
- the mirada & cabeceo
- keep your feet on the floor, unless you really have space for that boleo/gancho
- respect the line of dance and the couple in front of you
- Invite someone new to dance (using the mirada & cabeceo) for every hour you spend at the milonga,
- Take a tanda of songs and discover their lyrics and even the stories behind them and tell someone.
- Support those who are trying to present quality and not quantity, be it moves, milongas, or marketing.
Let’s give London the gift of our Tango, it’s important and not just because UNESCO says so.