Having World Cup Tango thoughts…
- Chewing gum whilst you're dancing
- Checking the time whilst you're in the embrace,
- Forgetting that you're in an embrace (eg thinking the woman's arms are extension of your own and checking the time, scratching your head)
- Expecting a yes
- Not understanding a no!
- More than a step backwards
- Ignoring someone you've bumped into, stepped on, (what's so wrong with saying "I'm sorry"?)
- Overtaking (why can't you use the space you have?)
- Bad body odour/bad breath
- Teaching on the dance floor
- Inviting one woman to get rejected and then the lady sitting next to her
- Inviting a woman to dance whilst still mopping the sweat from your brow
- Taking it personally, if your invitation is rejected, especially if you haven't used the cabeceo.
- Using the embrace to an unfair advantage.
Off-side (thus taking yourself out of play)
- Not using the cabeceo
- Ignoring the flow of the floor
- Ignoring other dancers on the floor
- Thinking you're too cool for school (not respecting the rules)
- Fancy footwork with the ball (ie. dancing by yourself)
- A smile
- A bit of conversation between dances on the dance floor,
- A bit of conversation off the dance floor
- actually being interested in what you're talking about.
- walking your partner back to where they were sitting.
- Not worrying if it doesn't go according to plan…
- Thinking about the quality of your technique, not the quantity of your moves…
What do you think?